John Duval Plexus White is a notable wine produced by John Duval Wines, known for its esteemed winemaker John Duval, who formerly served as the Chief Winemaker at Penfolds. Here’s some information about John Duval Plexus White:
- Blend: Plexus White is a blend of white wine grape varieties. The exact blend can vary from vintage to vintage, but it typically includes varieties like Marsanne, Roussanne, and Viognier. These varieties are known for their aromatic and flavorful characteristics.
- Origin: The grapes for Plexus White are sourced from select vineyards in South Australia, often from the Barossa Valley and Eden Valley regions, renowned for their quality vineyards and terroir.
- Winemaking: John Duval is known for his skillful winemaking techniques. The winemaking process for Plexus White may involve gentle pressing of the grapes, fermentation in temperature-controlled tanks, and aging in a combination of stainless steel tanks and oak barrels to enhance complexity and texture.
- Aging Potential: While Plexus White can be enjoyed in its youth for its vibrant fruitiness, it also has the potential to age gracefully and develop more nuanced flavors over time.
- Food Pairing: Plexus White’s aromatic and flavorful profile makes it a versatile wine for food pairing. It pairs well with a variety of dishes, including seafood, poultry, creamy pasta, and dishes with Asian or Mediterranean influences.
John Duval Plexus White, like his other wines, is known for its quality and craftsmanship.