John Duval Entity Shiraz is a highly regarded wine produced by John Duval Wines, a winery founded by John Duval, a renowned winemaker with a long and prestigious career, including being the Chief Winemaker at Penfolds for many years. Here’s some information about John Duval Entity Shiraz:
- Grape Variety: Entity Shiraz is made primarily from the Shiraz (Syrah) grape variety, which is known for its bold and robust character.
- Origin: The grapes for Entity Shiraz are sourced from various vineyards in South Australia’s Barossa Valley, one of Australia’s premier wine regions known for its Shiraz production.
- Flavor Profile: Entity Shiraz is known for its rich and complex flavor profile. It typically offers notes of dark fruit, such as blackberries and plums, along with hints of black pepper, spice, and sometimes nuances of chocolate, vanilla, and oak.
- Winemaking: John Duval is known for his meticulous winemaking techniques. Entity Shiraz is often fermented in small batches and aged in a combination of new and seasoned French oak barrels. This careful approach to winemaking helps create a wine with depth and structure.
- Aging Potential: Entity Shiraz is recognized for its aging potential. While it can be enjoyed in its youth, it has the capacity to develop even more complexity and character with several years of bottle aging.
- Food Pairing: This Shiraz pairs well with a range of dishes, including grilled meats, roasted lamb, hearty stews, and dishes with rich, savory flavors.
John Duval Entity Shiraz is highly regarded among wine enthusiasts and critics for its quality and craftsmanship.