Penfolds Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz is a renowned wine produced by Penfolds, one of Australia’s most prestigious wineries.
Penfolds Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz:
- Grape Variety: Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz is made exclusively from the Shiraz (Syrah) grape variety, one of the most celebrated red grape varieties in the world.
- Origin: The grapes for Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz are primarily sourced from the Barossa Valley, one of Australia’s most famous wine regions known for its Shiraz production. The wine also includes contributions from McLaren Vale, Padthaway, and other South Australian regions.
- Flavor Profile: Bin 28 offers a rich and full-bodied flavor profile with an emphasis on dark fruit notes such as blackberries and plums. It often includes elements of spice, pepper, and sometimes hints of vanilla and oak.
- Winemaking: Penfolds is known for its meticulous winemaking techniques. Bin 28 grapes are typically fermented in temperature-controlled tanks and aged in a combination of new and seasoned American oak barrels to enhance complexity and structure.
- Food Pairing: This wine pairs well with a range of dishes, including grilled meats, roast lamb, game, and hearty stews. Its robust and spicy character makes it suitable for pairing with rich and savory flavors.
- Aging Potential: Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz is known for its aging potential. While it can be enjoyed when young for its bold fruitiness, it also has the capacity to age gracefully over many years, developing more complexity and depth.
- Tasting Notes: Specific tasting notes and nuances can vary from vintage to vintage, so it’s recommended to check with the winery, reputable wine retailers, or wine critics for detailed information on a specific vintage of Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz.