Hennessy VS, which stands for “Very Special,” is one of the flagship offerings from the House of Hennessy, one of the most well-known and prestigious cognac producers in the world.
- Blending and Ageing: Hennessy VS is a blend of eaux-de-vie, which are grape spirits that have been distilled and aged in oak barrels. The aging process for Hennessy VS is typically around 2 to 8 years, which is less than the aging period for higher-tier cognacs like Hennessy XO.
- Flavor Profile: Hennessy VS is known for its vibrant and versatile flavor profile. It often exhibits fruity and floral notes, with hints of vanilla, oak, and a touch of spice. The relatively younger aging process contributes to a livelier and more energetic taste compared to older cognacs.
- Bottle Design: The iconic Hennessy VS bottle is recognizable by its sleek shape and label design. The label features a depiction of the arm and axe of the French monarchy, symbolizing the brand’s historical association with the French aristocracy.
- Versatility: Hennessy VS is a versatile cognac that can be enjoyed on its own or used in various cocktails. Its approachable and dynamic flavor profile makes it suitable for mixing in cocktails like the classic Sidecar or the Hennessy Ginger.
- Accessibility: Hennessy VS is considered an entry-level or introductory cognac, making it more widely available and often more affordable compared to the higher-end expressions in the Hennessy portfolio.
It’s important to note that the designation “VS” in Cognac, whether from Hennessy or another producer, refers to the youngest eaux-de-vie in the blend being aged for a minimum of two years. Overall, Hennessy VS is a popular choice for those looking to explore the world of cognac with a well-known and respected brand.