Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc is a well-regarded wine produced by Greywacke, a prominent winery in Marlborough, New Zealand. Greywacke is known for its commitment to crafting high-quality wines that showcase the unique terroir of the Marlborough region.
- Origin: The grapes for Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc are sourced from various vineyards throughout Marlborough, New Zealand. Marlborough is internationally renowned for producing vibrant and aromatic Sauvignon Blanc wines.
- Flavor Profile: Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc is known for its expressive and lively flavor profile. You can expect intense citrus and tropical fruit aromas, including notes of grapefruit, passion fruit, and sometimes pineapple. There might also be herbaceous and grassy undertones, along with a bright acidity.
- Winemaking: Greywacke employs careful winemaking techniques to preserve the freshness and fruitiness of the grapes. Cold fermentation in stainless steel tanks is often used to maintain the wine’s vibrant aromatics.
- Terroir Influence: Marlborough’s cool climate, sunny days, and cool nights contribute to the intense flavors and aromas in the Sauvignon Blanc grapes. The region’s unique terroir, characterized by its well-draining soils, also plays a crucial role in shaping the wine’s character.
- Food Pairing: Greywacke Sauvignon Blanc is a versatile wine that pairs well with a variety of dishes. It’s an excellent match for seafood, salads, light pasta dishes, goat cheese, and appetizers.